Saturday, October 6, 2007

More Time with Ellie

The time has come for me to trade in my laptop for a stroller. As of October 1st, I have given up my full-time Account Manager job and am working part-time from home on "special projects" at LexisNexis. I am home with Ellie 3 days a week and she's going to daycare at CA with Jim 2 days. Our first week went well and I look forward to the additional time I will have with Ellie!

One of our weekly activities is a music class, which Ellie loves! She likes to "sing" along in class and enjoys playing with the instruments such as hand drums, egg shakers, tambourines and wooden sticks. The class is called
Music Together if you want to learn more about the curriculum.

Ellie is also taking her second swim class this fall and is one of the few babies in class who never cries. She loves to splash around in the cold indoor pool and sing along with the teacher's songs. My friend Erika and her daughter Elizabeth are also in the class and she has pictures from week 1 that I hope to have to share very soon.


This month Jim and I have been spending weekends baby-proofing the house with new furniture, outlet covers and locks on cabinet doors. Ellie is constantly on the move - she can crawl very quickly & pulls up on everything. She can steady herself briefly on her own two feet without support, so walking cannot be far away.

This is a recent picture of Ellie in her new big girl chair from Grand Jane. Happy Fall to everyone!

1 comment:

Luke H said...

Congrats, Sis, on your new "career" move. I'm sure it was a tough decision, but I'm sure it will be a rewarding one.