Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Earthquake in VA!


There was an earthquake this afternoon in our area and I felt it inside our house. It happened around 1:30 PM when I was upstairs and Ellie was sleeping. The entire house shook lightly, only lasting about 5 seconds. This map shows the affected area and the magnitude was 1.8. Not a big deal, but a surprising event for NOVA!

This link gives you more info on the event:
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsus/Quakes/ld1022071.php#details

I entered a report about how the quake felt at our house, and if you check out the Statistics, you can see that 12 people in our zip code (22207) reported their experiences with the quake.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

First one felt in Ohio then one in Virginia. 2008 may be the year of the earthquake!

Sarah said...

First one felt in Ohio then one in Virginia. 2008 may be the year of the earthquake!