Friday, September 5, 2008

Welcome Aidan Joseph McCracken!

Well, the suspense is over -- our baby boy, Aidan Joseph McCracken was born on Wednesday September 3, 2008 at 12:22 pm. Jim and I were both surprised to have a boy, since having a girl is all we have known for the last 21 months. We look forward to having new experiences with a boy and Ellie is excited to be a big sister to Aidan/AJ.

Aidan was on the "small" side at 8 lbs,8 oz (compared to Ellie's 9lbs,14 oz at birth) and 21 inches long. He's very calm so far, eating well, liking to sleep and doing so quietly. We expect to go home on Saturday afternoon.

Ellie is enjoying the attention she's getting from Papaw Tom and Linda who are spoiling her at our house while Mommy and Daddy are in the hospital. She has been interested in AJ the two times she's come the see him and we hope that feeling will last once he moves into "her" house!

Take a look at some of our first photos of Aidan and family and we'll keep adding more!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

SOMETHING OLD, SOMETHING NEW!
My newborn Son & I watched the same old Skins get man-handled on Thursday night by the only NFC East team I've never really hated... until recently. But as much as I wanted the Home Team to get a W, I think the our (lovable?) losers will facilitate a strong father-son bond between Aidan & me. I can see AJ & I crying in our beers in 2029, when the Skins still haven't won a SB.
Eat your hearts out Boston!

Kendra aka The Meanest Momma said...

Congratulations and welcome baby AJ!

Wes & Si & Ash are excited to have another babe in the hood :)