Friday, March 6, 2009

Aidan's first "meal"


Aidan had his first taste of "food," and now that he's 6 months old, his palate will be expanding quickly! He got started with very watery rice cereal today. As unappetizing as it looked to us, he seemed to like it. I guess when you've been on a liquid diet your entire life anything with a different texture than milk is exciting!
I doubt that much got swallowed, and at the time he seemed more interested in his fingers than food, but it was still a successful first attempt. We'll try the cereal for a while and slowly delve into the fruits and veggies over the next few months.
Ellie was very interested in AJ's cereal and asked for a taste. She said it was good, but that's hard to believe! Ellie would never eat baby food at his
age, so I expect she will digress and want mashed-up foods as Aidan explores them all for the first time. You can see more photos from AJ's first meal in our March 2009 album.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: